Cross Country runs from April through to August each year, after Track and Field.
Competition is on Saturday mornings at 9am, and is usually finished by 11am.
We meet at various locations around the Knox area.
Dates and locations are listed on the Knox LAC calendar.
Parents also have an opportunity to do a few ‘training runs’ during the season.
It’s lots of fun for athletes and parents.
Each age group competes in a different distance. The distances are:
- Under 6 – 500m
- Under 7 & 8 – 1000m
- Under 9 & 10 – 1500m
- Under 11 & 12 – 2000m
- Under 13 to 16 – 3000m
The venues of our competitions change slightly every season. The venues from last season were:
- Koomba Park, Wantirna
- Jells Park North, Wheelers Hill
- Jells Park South, Wheelers Hill
- Knox Athletics Track, Knoxfield
- Nortons Park, Wantirna South
- Tirhatuan Park, Dandenong North
- Lewis Park, Wantirna South
- Lysterfield Lake Park, Lysterfield
For more information, programs, course maps and results please visit Knox Cross Country Information